Centre of Excellence/Centre of Competence
Centre of Excellence is a shared facility between an institution and industry. It provides a platform for research, support and training for a focus area where there is knowledge deficit.
The objective and benefits of the CoE/CoC is to
- provide Training Courses on Emerging Disruptive Technologies for Student / faculty at campus-base.
- Assistance in Human Capital Skill Development.
- To enable unskilled and semi-skilled people to earn better livelihood for social upliftment.
- Impart high end modern technical skills and knowledge to create industry ready human capital.
- Equip the government and private institutions such as engineering institutes, polytechnics and ITI by creating high-end assets for human capital formation.
- The institute Collaborate with PTC and CADOpt Technologies to establish CoE by offering nominal contribution and facilitate institutional co-operation.
- The CoE will strengthen the R&D activities to support the industry.
- The institute can set up a complete COE under which there are several CoC’s. As an alternative a few COE dedicated to particular department or few C0C can also be setup.